IP flooded/Host booted - NBA 2K14 for Xbox 360 (360) Forum - GameBattles Forums

Old 29 Mar 2013, 1:38 AM EDT   #1
MidnightBasketball
Testing the Waters

MidnightBasketball is just really nice
IP flooded/Host booted

is there anything we can do to prove this and get our win, or we screwed and gotta take loss?
MidnightBasketball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2013, 2:11 AM EDT   #2
Drama253
Going Strong
Premium Member

Drama253 is one of the most hated people on GameBattles
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBasketball View Post
is there anything we can do to prove this and get our win, or we screwed and gotta take loss?
Its 2k so your kinda screwed, but then again the admins do take into consideration the fact that EVERYONE (YRA IM CALLIN U **** OUT) who is top 100 MLG ranks boots you should be fine. Also you can call the police or your IP and get the *** put in the slammer for that stuff just make sure your actually getting booted by looking at your router log to see if you actually suffered a DDOS attack.

I know this kid who had a swat team come to his house but he didn't get a felony because he wasn't 18. America dont play with DDOS attacks considering how many are directed towards govt websites by their own people, and anyone with the power to mess with the governments agenda is a terrorist so remember that. Put that nerd in the slammer!
Old 29 Mar 2013, 2:20 AM EDT   #3
HogsNStoli
Road to Glory

HogsNStoli is one of the most hated people on GameBattles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drama253 View Post
Its 2k so your kinda screwed, but then again the admins do take into consideration the fact that EVERYONE (YRA IM CALLIN U **** OUT) who is top 100 MLG ranks boots you should be fine. Also you can call the police or your IP and get the *** put in the slammer for that stuff just make sure your actually getting booted by looking at your router log to see if you actually suffered a DDOS attack.

I know this kid who had a swat team come to his house but he didn't get a felony because he wasn't 18. America dont play with DDOS attacks considering how many are directed towards govt websites by their own people, and anyone with the power to mess with the governments agenda is a terrorist so remember that. Put that nerd in the slammer!
You're an idiot, nobody is going to jail for host booting. Keep making up stories, the most you would get is a felony. A swat team for some nerd at home sitting on his computer? You're honestly too stupid.
HogsNStoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2013, 2:21 AM EDT   #4
HogsNStoli
Road to Glory

Quote:
You can call your ISP and ask them to see if a lot of packets were sent to you recently causing you to go offline. They can give you the IP that sent them, then in turn give that information to GB staff. Some router logs will also give you this same information and you can forward it to GB staff. But unlike this moron drama thinks, SWAT isn't going to show up and arrest anyone.
Old 29 Mar 2013, 2:25 AM EDT   #5
MidnightBasketball
Testing the Waters

well I'm not all that knowledgeable about routers and stuff so i didnt know how to access my log, but I finally found out, but it apparently was disabled so it wasnt recording logs but i fixed that now. so sadly i dont got concrete proof like that to report anyone, just want to get the win we deserve. team was ass and I got proof of them doing it, and as admin/CMRS voter its clear who should get win
Old 29 Mar 2013, 2:55 AM EDT   #6
Bigblacknig
Testing the Waters

Bigblacknig is one of the most hated people on GameBattles
***** you suck,making it sound like this win is gonna make you any better you piece of shit
Bigblacknig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2013, 9:17 AM EDT   #7
Dunit94
Human Resources [GB]
Premium Member

Dunit94 has much to be proud ofDunit94 has much to be proud ofDunit94 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogsNStoli View Post
You can call your ISP and ask them to see if a lot of packets were sent to you recently causing you to go offline. They can give you the IP that sent them, then in turn give that information to GB staff. Some router logs will also give you this same information and you can forward it to GB staff. But unlike this moron drama thinks, SWAT isn't going to show up and arrest anyone.
I've never heard of a swat team attacking someone for this lol, but you can definitely go to jail for it.
Dunit94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2013, 1:21 PM EDT   #8
HogsNStoli
Road to Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunit94 View Post
I've never heard of a swat team attacking someone for this lol, but you can definitely go to jail for it.
You are only going to get prison time and/or a fine if you are taking a protected/corporate/government computer. They aren't going to send you to jail or fine you because you booted someone off their xbox lol. Jails are overpopulated by millions, you actually think you would get jail time for a non-violent offense? Drug users don't even get real jail time unless they are dealing.
Old 29 Mar 2013, 1:58 PM EDT   #9
Avareda
Community Manager
Premium Member

Avareda has a reputation beyond reputeAvareda has a reputation beyond reputeAvareda has a reputation beyond reputeAvareda has a reputation beyond reputeAvareda has a reputation beyond reputeAvareda has a reputation beyond reputeAvareda has a reputation beyond reputeAvareda has a reputation beyond reputeAvareda has a reputation beyond reputeAvareda has a reputation beyond reputeAvareda has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
This is partly true however ISPs do not send any information to GB staff as that is not how host booting accusations are dealt with.

If you encounter being booted, you need to submit a ticket under: (Match: Opponent Lagged Me Out) and include as much proof as possible for your allegation. This includes, but is not limited to full video proof of the game played (includes proof of the match scores, gamertags, maps) as well as the recording before and after the incident.

It is extremely hard to prove you were host booted so include as much proof as possible.

Host Booting thread: http://gamebattles.majorleaguegaming...attles-7316545

Skype Me! AIM Me!

Avareda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2013, 2:18 PM EDT   #10
MidnightBasketball
Testing the Waters

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvaReda View Post
This is partly true however ISPs do not send any information to GB staff as that is not how host booting accusations are dealt with.

If you encounter being booted, you need to submit a ticket under: (Match: Opponent Lagged Me Out) and include as much proof as possible for your allegation. This includes, but is not limited to full video proof of the game played (includes proof of the match scores, gamertags, maps) as well as the recording before and after the incident.

It is extremely hard to prove you were host booted so include as much proof as possible.

finally a good reply, thank you
Old 29 Mar 2013, 2:22 PM EDT   #11
HogsNStoli
Road to Glory

Quote:

I never said that your ISP would send any information to a GB staff member, i said to forward the information your ISP gave you...to a GB staff member.
Old 29 Mar 2013, 2:24 PM EDT   #12
MidnightBasketball
Testing the Waters

so I went to submit a ticket and it said there is already a ticket submitted for this match by my team (since I had to make a ticket for the dispute). now will that dispute ticket get looked at as a Match: Opponent Lagged Me Out ticket also or will I need to submit a ticket for that separately after the dispute is settled?
Old 29 Mar 2013, 2:26 PM EDT   #13
Avareda
Community Manager
Premium Member

Avareda has a reputation beyond reputeAvareda has a reputation beyond reputeAvareda has a reputation beyond reputeAvareda has a reputation beyond reputeAvareda has a reputation beyond reputeAvareda has a reputation beyond reputeAvareda has a reputation beyond reputeAvareda has a reputation beyond reputeAvareda has a reputation beyond reputeAvareda has a reputation beyond reputeAvareda has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I never said that your ISP would send any information to a GB staff member, i said to forward the information your ISP gave you...to a GB staff member.
My apologies, meant to say that ISP router logs do not do anything in the decision making of host booting allegations.

Quote:
so I went to submit a ticket and it said there is already a ticket submitted for this match by my team (since I had to make a ticket for the dispute). now will that dispute ticket get looked at as a Match: Opponent Lagged Me Out ticket also or will I need to submit a ticket for that separately after the dispute is settled?
Where did you submit the original ticket under? (Match: Solve My Dispute)? If so, did you submit that ticket within 3 hours of match time for the dispute?

Skype Me! AIM Me!

Old 29 Mar 2013, 4:46 PM EDT   #14
MidnightBasketball
Testing the Waters

Quote:

Where did you submit the original ticket under? (Match: Solve My Dispute)? If so, did you submit that ticket within 3 hours of match time for the dispute?
yes and yes
Old 29 Mar 2013, 5:46 PM EDT   #15
Avareda
Community Manager
Premium Member

Quote:
yes and yes
I see, the ticket will go to the community to handle im afraid however for future reference, use the ticket category (that i posted above) for any Host Booting accusations as any tickets sent there will be handled and reviewed by staff.

Skype Me! AIM Me!