IP flooded/Host booted - NBA 2K14 for Xbox 360 (360) Forum - GameBattles Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Mar 2013, 1:38 AM EDT   #1
MidnightBasketball
Testing the Waters
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 15
MidnightBasketball is just really nice
IP flooded/Host booted

is there anything we can do to prove this and get our win, or we screwed and gotta take loss?
MidnightBasketball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2013, 2:11 AM EDT   #2
Drama253
Going Strong
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 368
Drama253 is one of the most hated people on GameBattles
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBasketball View Post
is there anything we can do to prove this and get our win, or we screwed and gotta take loss?
Its 2k so your kinda screwed, but then again the admins do take into consideration the fact that EVERYONE (YRA IM CALLIN U **** OUT) who is top 100 MLG ranks boots you should be fine. Also you can call the police or your IP and get the *** put in the slammer for that stuff just make sure your actually getting booted by looking at your router log to see if you actually suffered a DDOS attack.

I know this kid who had a swat team come to his house but he didn't get a felony because he wasn't 18. America dont play with DDOS attacks considering how many are directed towards govt websites by their own people, and anyone with the power to mess with the governments agenda is a terrorist so remember that. Put that nerd in the slammer!
__________________
Physical, logical, emotional, sociable, spiritual. Realize your strengths, develop your weaknesses.
Drama253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2013, 2:20 AM EDT   #3
HogsNStoli
Road to Glory

HogsNStoli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Fort Smith, AR (479)
Posts: 1,214
HogsNStoli is one of the most hated people on GameBattles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drama253 View Post
Its 2k so your kinda screwed, but then again the admins do take into consideration the fact that EVERYONE (YRA IM CALLIN U **** OUT) who is top 100 MLG ranks boots you should be fine. Also you can call the police or your IP and get the *** put in the slammer for that stuff just make sure your actually getting booted by looking at your router log to see if you actually suffered a DDOS attack.

I know this kid who had a swat team come to his house but he didn't get a felony because he wasn't 18. America dont play with DDOS attacks considering how many are directed towards govt websites by their own people, and anyone with the power to mess with the governments agenda is a terrorist so remember that. Put that nerd in the slammer!
You're an idiot, nobody is going to jail for host booting. Keep making up stories, the most you would get is a felony. A swat team for some nerd at home sitting on his computer? You're honestly too stupid.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Jamez_06 View Post
You must be retarted did i say anything that they were alike i said i can make stuff up too. IDIOT
HogsNStoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2013, 2:21 AM EDT   #4
HogsNStoli
Road to Glory

HogsNStoli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Fort Smith, AR (479)
Posts: 1,214
HogsNStoli is one of the most hated people on GameBattles
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBasketball View Post
is there anything we can do to prove this and get our win, or we screwed and gotta take loss?
You can call your ISP and ask them to see if a lot of packets were sent to you recently causing you to go offline. They can give you the IP that sent them, then in turn give that information to GB staff. Some router logs will also give you this same information and you can forward it to GB staff. But unlike this moron drama thinks, SWAT isn't going to show up and arrest anyone.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Jamez_06 View Post
You must be retarted did i say anything that they were alike i said i can make stuff up too. IDIOT
HogsNStoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2013, 2:25 AM EDT   #5
MidnightBasketball
Testing the Waters
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 15
MidnightBasketball is just really nice
well I'm not all that knowledgeable about routers and stuff so i didnt know how to access my log, but I finally found out, but it apparently was disabled so it wasnt recording logs but i fixed that now. so sadly i dont got concrete proof like that to report anyone, just want to get the win we deserve. team was ass and I got proof of them doing it, and as admin/CMRS voter its clear who should get win
MidnightBasketball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2013, 2:55 AM EDT   #6
Bigblacknig
Testing the Waters
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2
Bigblacknig is one of the most hated people on GameBattles
***** you suck,making it sound like this win is gonna make you any better you piece of shit
Bigblacknig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2013, 9:17 AM EDT   #7
Dunit94
Human Resources [GB]
Dunit94's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 943
Dunit94 has much to be proud ofDunit94 has much to be proud ofDunit94 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogsNStoli View Post
You can call your ISP and ask them to see if a lot of packets were sent to you recently causing you to go offline. They can give you the IP that sent them, then in turn give that information to GB staff. Some router logs will also give you this same information and you can forward it to GB staff. But unlike this moron drama thinks, SWAT isn't going to show up and arrest anyone.
I've never heard of a swat team attacking someone for this lol, but you can definitely go to jail for it.
Dunit94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2013, 1:21 PM EDT   #8
HogsNStoli
Road to Glory

HogsNStoli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Fort Smith, AR (479)
Posts: 1,214
HogsNStoli is one of the most hated people on GameBattles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunit94 View Post
I've never heard of a swat team attacking someone for this lol, but you can definitely go to jail for it.
You are only going to get prison time and/or a fine if you are taking a protected/corporate/government computer. They aren't going to send you to jail or fine you because you booted someone off their xbox lol. Jails are overpopulated by millions, you actually think you would get jail time for a non-violent offense? Drug users don't even get real jail time unless they are dealing.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Jamez_06 View Post
You must be retarted did i say anything that they were alike i said i can make stuff up too. IDIOT
HogsNStoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2013, 1:58 PM EDT   #9
Avareda
Community Manager
Avareda's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: London, UK
Posts: 3,884
Avareda has a reputation beyond reputeAvareda has a reputation beyond reputeAvareda has a reputation beyond reputeAvareda has a reputation beyond reputeAvareda has a reputation beyond reputeAvareda has a reputation beyond reputeAvareda has a reputation beyond reputeAvareda has a reputation beyond reputeAvareda has a reputation beyond reputeAvareda has a reputation beyond reputeAvareda has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogsNStoli View Post
You can call your ISP and ask them to see if a lot of packets were sent to you recently causing you to go offline. They can give you the IP that sent them, then in turn give that information to GB staff. Some router logs will also give you this same information and you can forward it to GB staff. But unlike this moron drama thinks, SWAT isn't going to show up and arrest anyone.
This is partly true however ISPs do not send any information to GB staff as that is not how host booting accusations are dealt with.

If you encounter being booted, you need to submit a ticket under: (Match: Opponent Lagged Me Out) and include as much proof as possible for your allegation. This includes, but is not limited to full video proof of the game played (includes proof of the match scores, gamertags, maps) as well as the recording before and after the incident.

It is extremely hard to prove you were host booted so include as much proof as possible.

Host Booting thread: http://gamebattles.majorleaguegaming...attles-7316545
__________________
Community Manager, GB
Major League Gaming

Skype Me! AIM Me!

Avareda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2013, 2:18 PM EDT   #10
MidnightBasketball
Testing the Waters
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 15
MidnightBasketball is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvaReda View Post
This is partly true however ISPs do not send any information to GB staff as that is not how host booting accusations are dealt with.

If you encounter being booted, you need to submit a ticket under: (Match: Opponent Lagged Me Out) and include as much proof as possible for your allegation. This includes, but is not limited to full video proof of the game played (includes proof of the match scores, gamertags, maps) as well as the recording before and after the incident.

It is extremely hard to prove you were host booted so include as much proof as possible.

Host Booting thread: http://gamebattles.majorleaguegaming...attles-7316545
finally a good reply, thank you
MidnightBasketball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2013, 2:22 PM EDT   #11
HogsNStoli
Road to Glory

HogsNStoli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Fort Smith, AR (479)
Posts: 1,214
HogsNStoli is one of the most hated people on GameBattles
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvaReda View Post
This is partly true however ISPs do not send any information to GB staff as that is not how host booting accusations are dealt with.

If you encounter being booted, you need to submit a ticket under: (Match: Opponent Lagged Me Out) and include as much proof as possible for your allegation. This includes, but is not limited to full video proof of the game played (includes proof of the match scores, gamertags, maps) as well as the recording before and after the incident.

It is extremely hard to prove you were host booted so include as much proof as possible.

Host Booting thread: http://gamebattles.majorleaguegaming...attles-7316545
I never said that your ISP would send any information to a GB staff member, i said to forward the information your ISP gave you...to a GB staff member.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Jamez_06 View Post
You must be retarted did i say anything that they were alike i said i can make stuff up too. IDIOT
HogsNStoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2013, 2:24 PM EDT   #12
MidnightBasketball
Testing the Waters
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 15
MidnightBasketball is just really nice
so I went to submit a ticket and it said there is already a ticket submitted for this match by my team (since I had to make a ticket for the dispute). now will that dispute ticket get looked at as a Match: Opponent Lagged Me Out ticket also or will I need to submit a ticket for that separately after the dispute is settled?
MidnightBasketball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2013, 2:26 PM EDT   #13
Avareda
Community Manager
Avareda's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: London, UK
Posts: 3,884
Avareda has a reputation beyond reputeAvareda has a reputation beyond reputeAvareda has a reputation beyond reputeAvareda has a reputation beyond reputeAvareda has a reputation beyond reputeAvareda has a reputation beyond reputeAvareda has a reputation beyond reputeAvareda has a reputation beyond reputeAvareda has a reputation beyond reputeAvareda has a reputation beyond reputeAvareda has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogsNStoli View Post
I never said that your ISP would send any information to a GB staff member, i said to forward the information your ISP gave you...to a GB staff member.
My apologies, meant to say that ISP router logs do not do anything in the decision making of host booting allegations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBasketball View Post
so I went to submit a ticket and it said there is already a ticket submitted for this match by my team (since I had to make a ticket for the dispute). now will that dispute ticket get looked at as a Match: Opponent Lagged Me Out ticket also or will I need to submit a ticket for that separately after the dispute is settled?
Where did you submit the original ticket under? (Match: Solve My Dispute)? If so, did you submit that ticket within 3 hours of match time for the dispute?
__________________
Community Manager, GB
Major League Gaming

Skype Me! AIM Me!

Avareda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2013, 4:46 PM EDT   #14
MidnightBasketball
Testing the Waters
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 15
MidnightBasketball is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvaReda View Post


Where did you submit the original ticket under? (Match: Solve My Dispute)? If so, did you submit that ticket within 3 hours of match time for the dispute?
yes and yes
MidnightBasketball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2013, 5:46 PM EDT   #15
Avareda
Community Manager
Avareda's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: London, UK
Posts: 3,884
Avareda has a reputation beyond reputeAvareda has a reputation beyond reputeAvareda has a reputation beyond reputeAvareda has a reputation beyond reputeAvareda has a reputation beyond reputeAvareda has a reputation beyond reputeAvareda has a reputation beyond reputeAvareda has a reputation beyond reputeAvareda has a reputation beyond reputeAvareda has a reputation beyond reputeAvareda has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBasketball View Post
yes and yes
I see, the ticket will go to the community to handle im afraid however for future reference, use the ticket category (that i posted above) for any Host Booting accusations as any tickets sent there will be handled and reviewed by staff.
__________________
Community Manager, GB
Major League Gaming

Skype Me! AIM Me!

Avareda is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 2:25 AM EDT.
Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.