Best Computer Monitor for CoD/Xbox 360 gaming? - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 for Xbox 360 (360) Forum - GameBattles Forums

Old 12 Dec 2009, 3:27 PM EST   #1
-Slithyy
Going Strong

-Slithyy is a splendid one to behold-Slithyy is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to -Slithyy
Best Computer Monitor for CoD/Xbox 360 gaming?

My current tv sucks atm, and I'm planning on getting a new computer monitor once I get the money, any suggestions on the best one? I'm looking for one thats HD and runs very smoothly and around 21.5-23" with the input cables already built in so i won;t have to buy an add on for it.
-Slithyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Dec 2009, 3:30 PM EST   #2
technkittens
Dazed and Confused

technkittens has a reputation beyond reputetechnkittens has a reputation beyond reputetechnkittens has a reputation beyond reputetechnkittens has a reputation beyond reputetechnkittens has a reputation beyond reputetechnkittens has a reputation beyond reputetechnkittens has a reputation beyond reputetechnkittens has a reputation beyond reputetechnkittens has a reputation beyond repute
Acer or Viewsonic are both great monitor companys. But the cords i think you are going to have to buy if you use a TB. Because if you want too use your headset you have to play through VGA, not HDMI. Which no monitor comes with im pretty sure.
technkittens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Dec 2009, 3:32 PM EST   #3
Allergies
Mile High Club

Allergies is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by technkittens View Post
Acer or Viewsonic are both great monitor companys. But the cords i think you are going to have to buy if you use a TB. Because if you want too use your headset you have to play through VGA, not HDMI. Which no monitor comes with im pretty sure.
From what I read, I interpreted that you meant monitors don't come with VGA. All monitors come with VGA.
Old 12 Dec 2009, 3:38 PM EST   #4
-Slithyy
Going Strong

Thanks for the recommendations, but do you guys know any specific computer monitor and not just brands? Thanks.
Old 12 Dec 2009, 3:50 PM EST   #5
MANLADY2000
Among The Stars

MANLADY2000 has a reputation beyond reputeMANLADY2000 has a reputation beyond reputeMANLADY2000 has a reputation beyond reputeMANLADY2000 has a reputation beyond reputeMANLADY2000 has a reputation beyond reputeMANLADY2000 has a reputation beyond reputeMANLADY2000 has a reputation beyond reputeMANLADY2000 has a reputation beyond reputeMANLADY2000 has a reputation beyond reputeMANLADY2000 has a reputation beyond reputeMANLADY2000 has a reputation beyond repute
also does anyone know where can you get led monitors? cuz i dont think theyre on new egg
MANLADY2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Dec 2009, 4:33 PM EST   #6
-Slithyy
Going Strong

Bump. I need some more suggestions guys :(
Old 12 Dec 2009, 4:35 PM EST   #7
-EneRGizE
Welcome to the Jungle

-EneRGizE has a reputation beyond repute-EneRGizE has a reputation beyond repute-EneRGizE has a reputation beyond repute-EneRGizE has a reputation beyond repute-EneRGizE has a reputation beyond repute-EneRGizE has a reputation beyond repute-EneRGizE has a reputation beyond repute-EneRGizE has a reputation beyond repute-EneRGizE has a reputation beyond repute-EneRGizE has a reputation beyond repute-EneRGizE has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to -EneRGizE Send a message via Skype™ to -EneRGizE
I currently use a "Samsung SyncMaster 2253LW" it has 2ms response time + VGA = Perfect for gaming in my opinion.

Gamertag = L
-EneRGizE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Dec 2009, 4:36 PM EST   #8
xiSk8erx
Double Down

xiSk8erx is a jewel in the rough
I would go with anyone of the Viewsonic's.
I have not had any problems with mine.
xiSk8erx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Dec 2009, 4:40 PM EST   #9
Auxilio_ab_alto
Grandmaster

Auxilio_ab_alto has a reputation beyond reputeAuxilio_ab_alto has a reputation beyond reputeAuxilio_ab_alto has a reputation beyond reputeAuxilio_ab_alto has a reputation beyond reputeAuxilio_ab_alto has a reputation beyond reputeAuxilio_ab_alto has a reputation beyond reputeAuxilio_ab_alto has a reputation beyond reputeAuxilio_ab_alto has a reputation beyond reputeAuxilio_ab_alto has a reputation beyond reputeAuxilio_ab_alto has a reputation beyond reputeAuxilio_ab_alto has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Auxilio_ab_alto
Official MLG info on what TV they use...
http://www.mlgpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=234461

Guide by one of the MLG mods...
http://www.mlgpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=207406
Auxilio_ab_alto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Dec 2009, 4:58 PM EST   #10
ReigningShelton
Forum Nuisance

ReigningShelton is nice
Send a message via AIM to ReigningShelton Send a message via MSN to ReigningShelton Send a message via Yahoo to ReigningShelton
I game with the ASUS VH236H Black 23" 2ms(GTG) HDMI Widescreen Full HD 1080P

I have the Xbox 360 Elite so I hook up with HDMI and I have the Turtle Beach X31 hooked up through the RCA audio adapter on the Xbox 360. The thing plays great. Full 1080p and no ghosting.

I have 2 of these monitors and have had them since April of this year. Go to Newegg.com where you can buy them for 199.99. 179.99 with 20.00 mail-in rebate.
Old 12 Dec 2009, 5:29 PM EST   #11
Kegn
Just About Right

Kegn is on a distinguished road
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-202-_-Product

That is the Acer that my little brother uses, I would say it is a good buy.
Kegn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Dec 2009, 10:02 PM EST   #12
-Slithyy
Going Strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReigningShelton View Post
I game with the ASUS VH236H Black 23" 2ms(GTG) HDMI Widescreen Full HD 1080P

I have the Xbox 360 Elite so I hook up with HDMI and I have the Turtle Beach X31 hooked up through the RCA audio adapter on the Xbox 360. The thing plays great. Full 1080p and no ghosting.

I have 2 of these monitors and have had them since April of this year. Go to Newegg.com where you can buy them for 199.99. 179.99 with 20.00 mail-in rebate.
Thanks a bunch, i looked into this one and ive decided to get this one, it has great reviews and 1080p, which is what i am looking for :)