Canada's Prime Minister Goes to U.S. For Heart Surgery - Xbox 360 (360) Forum - GameBattles Forums

Old 6 Feb 2010, 10:43 PM EST   #1
EnjoyFailure
Road to Glory

EnjoyFailure is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to EnjoyFailure
Canada's Prime Minister Goes to U.S. For Heart Surgery

Thought this was kind of interesting:
Quote:
ST. JOHN'S, N.L. -- Newfoundland Premier Danny Williams will undergo heart surgery later this week in the United States.

Deputy premier Kathy Dunderdale confirmed the treatment at a news conference Tuesday, but would not reveal the location of the operation or how it would be paid for.

"He has gone to a renowned expert in the procedure that he needs to have done," said Ms. Dunderdale, who will become acting premier while Mr. Williams is away for three to 12 weeks.

"In consultation with his own doctors, he's decided to go that route."

Mr. Williams' decision to leave Canada for the surgery has raised eyebrows over his apparent shunning of Canada's health-care system.

"It was never an option offered to him to have this procedure done in this province," said Ms. Dunderdale, refusing to answer whether the procedure could be done elsewhere in Canada.
I've seen some people laugh at U.S. and brag on CanadaCare... So I felt the need to bring this up.
I really like the part I bolded for you guys.
Note: I am strongly against ObamaCare... That is a whole other story..

Discuss
Old 6 Feb 2010, 10:47 PM EST   #2
EasyCompanyy
Forum Virtuoso

EasyCompanyy has a reputation beyond reputeEasyCompanyy has a reputation beyond reputeEasyCompanyy has a reputation beyond reputeEasyCompanyy has a reputation beyond reputeEasyCompanyy has a reputation beyond reputeEasyCompanyy has a reputation beyond reputeEasyCompanyy has a reputation beyond reputeEasyCompanyy has a reputation beyond reputeEasyCompanyy has a reputation beyond reputeEasyCompanyy has a reputation beyond reputeEasyCompanyy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to EasyCompanyy Send a message via MSN to EasyCompanyy Send a message via Skype™ to EasyCompanyy
....... I'm not sure how to break this to you but the Prime Minister will not be going to the U.S for heart surgery.
Old 6 Feb 2010, 10:47 PM EST   #3
justin007isback
Notorious

justin007isback has a reputation beyond reputejustin007isback has a reputation beyond reputejustin007isback has a reputation beyond reputejustin007isback has a reputation beyond reputejustin007isback has a reputation beyond reputejustin007isback has a reputation beyond reputejustin007isback has a reputation beyond reputejustin007isback has a reputation beyond reputejustin007isback has a reputation beyond reputejustin007isback has a reputation beyond reputejustin007isback has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to justin007isback
It is simple. America has some of the best doctors around. It is no wonder why he would want to get care here, him being a prime minister he has the money. The health care system they have though is better off than ours.

06/25/11 - Never Forget.
justin007isback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Feb 2010, 10:59 PM EST   #4
EasyCompanyy
Forum Virtuoso

EasyCompanyy has a reputation beyond reputeEasyCompanyy has a reputation beyond reputeEasyCompanyy has a reputation beyond reputeEasyCompanyy has a reputation beyond reputeEasyCompanyy has a reputation beyond reputeEasyCompanyy has a reputation beyond reputeEasyCompanyy has a reputation beyond reputeEasyCompanyy has a reputation beyond reputeEasyCompanyy has a reputation beyond reputeEasyCompanyy has a reputation beyond reputeEasyCompanyy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to EasyCompanyy Send a message via MSN to EasyCompanyy Send a message via Skype™ to EasyCompanyy
Also the health care here is run mostly by the provincial level of government meaning Ms. Dunderdale could easily just not have known whether or not other provinces offer this (I'm assuming here) specialized surgery.
Old 6 Feb 2010, 11:14 PM EST   #5
Maverick1517
Testing the Waters

Maverick1517 is on a distinguished road
you guys are just ******ed for one: a premier does not mean PRIME MINISTER. A premier is like a senator in the USA. Second: STFU americans :D
Maverick1517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Feb 2010, 11:21 PM EST   #6
EnjoyFailure
Road to Glory

EnjoyFailure is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to EnjoyFailure
Lol my teacher talked about this, so I guess he is ******ed then.
He said prime minister lol.
So yeah sorry.. PREMIER.
Old 6 Feb 2010, 11:23 PM EST   #7
SoXic
Going Strong

SoXic is becoming hated
hmm interesting
"Herb is the healing of a nation, Alcohol is the destruction of mankind"-Bob Marley
SoXic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Feb 2010, 11:39 PM EST   #8
khalida24
Road to Glory

khalida24 is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to khalida24
The only reason I can see this is because some stuff that doctors do is only in certain places and this was prob. somewhere in the USA so he couldn't do it in Canada.
khalida24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Feb 2010, 11:40 PM EST   #9
SpideR_LoC
Road to Glory

SpideR_LoC is becoming hated
we are the best at everything so of course
SpideR_LoC is offline   Reply With Quote