28 Sep 2012, 11:52 AM UTC
Testing the Waters
Join Date: Sep 2012
Gamebattles FAQ - Dota 2 Creating a Team & Playing a Match
Creating a Team on Gamebattles:
To join the MLG $5,000 DOTA 2 Team Ladder, please go HERE
Inviting Players to Your Team:
- First go to Gamebattles and log in with your MLG / Gamebattles Username or create a new account if you do not already have a MLG / Gamebattles Username by going HERE.
- Click on the PC tab at the top and then select the DOTA 2 Ladder
- On the right, click on Create a Team tab in Blue.
- Create a team by selecting “Join the Dota 2 X Ladder” and filling out all the required info on the page
Steam Player Name and Steam ID:
- When viewing your team’s profile there is a link to Edit Roster. Select "Edit Roster"
- From there you simply locate a registered player using either his or her username or email.
Please note that a player will not show up in the GameBattles database until they have logged into the GameBattles site. Make sure everyone you’re inviting has registered, activated and then logged into Gamebattles
- Free Agent – You can also invite free agents to your team by selecting them from the Free Agents list.
Finding a match on Gamebattles:
- When creating a team, you will need to include your Steam Player Name and Steam ID
- When joining a team, you will need to include your Steam Player Name and Steam ID
- If you are already on a team, and did not include your Steam ID, your team leader will need to go to the "Edit Roster" page from your Team Profile and enter it.
Creating a Match Find Challenge:
- While in your team’s profile you’ll see a ‘Team Control Center’ on the right, listed under is Find a Match. From there you can view available matches using the filtered search.
- Show Matches will display the challenges sent from other teams for the specific time selected (you may choose the time and search again)
- Choose a match
Once you select a Match, or a Team selects your Match:
- Select the blue Match Finder Challenge
- Set the time you wish to play
- Set your roster by checking their name
- Make sure you Read and Understand all the rules then select “I agree to the above rules” and post match
- Now you will need to wait until a team selects your challenge
Claiming and Using MLG Server:
Information to come
- Once your challenge is accepted, or you have selected a match from Match Finder, it will be displayed on your Team Page under Matches
- Play your match at the time selected, using the rules agreed upon
- Click on the magnifying glass on your Team Profile next to the match and report the scores
Last edited by Deimos; 1 Oct 2012 at 8:56 AM UTC.