PS4 now to be undisputed next-gen competitive circuit platform? - GameBattles Forums

Old 21 May 2013, 2:58 PM EDT   #1
params7
Taking the Plunge

params7 post powerful words
Send a message via Yahoo to params7
PS4 now to be undisputed next-gen competitive circuit platform?

After the presentation this much has been confirmed for Xbox One:

-Blocks used games, fees required to play any game on a second Xbox. Severely hampering competitive LAN play.
-No backwards compatibility

Other than that they racked up some good points with Halo, CoD and EA Sports titles.

PS4 so far:

-Supports used games, free online, good LAN play options.
-Has extensive and free high quality streaming features for all users - which can be utilized by competitive shooters for broadcasts.

-PS4 so far actually has more confirmed FPS's than Xbox One - Blacklight Retribution, Destiny, Dust 514, CoD Ghosts, BF4, Killzone 4. About 3 of them are exclusive to PS4.

On the disadvantages -

-We don't know yet if the redesigned controller is better than Xbox 360's.

I think exciting times are up ahead for competitive players on consoles, but I don't think we can say for certain now Xbox One will be the platform of choice for CoD circuits.

Thoughts, opinions? Lets keep fanboyism to a low.
params7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2013, 4:01 PM EDT   #2
IslandsHD
Testing the Waters

IslandsHD is one of the most hated people on GameBattles
I guess it is what it is. Kind of a shame they're leaving out the esports community. I've always found Microsoft to be more user friendly, for me anyways. So this is a huge stepback for them IMO.
IslandsHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jun 2013, 1:13 AM EDT   #3
F34R-_-
Taking the Plunge

F34R-_- is unpopular at this moment
I've always been a huge supporter of the Xbox platform, but I can definitely agree that the information we have is disappointing...
F34R-_- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jun 2013, 2:38 AM EDT   #4
vVv_BuLLeT
Making an Impact

vVv_BuLLeT is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to vVv_BuLLeT
Just a FYI, PS4 hasn't announced their used game policy. You can't say anything about amount of FPS titles, that is just irrelevant. Also Call of Duty Championships is on XBOX ONE. The only reason people have been hating on the xbox one is because they are upfront with the consumer. The PS4 is extremely hazy on everything about their policies, I mean come on you don't even know what it looks like. Xbox one will be the competitive platform, solely because they support eSports more currently and have already confirmed that they will continue.
Old 10 Jun 2013, 8:32 AM EDT   #5
Xenization
Arena Supervisor
Forum Moderator [MoTM]

Xenization has a reputation beyond reputeXenization has a reputation beyond reputeXenization has a reputation beyond reputeXenization has a reputation beyond reputeXenization has a reputation beyond reputeXenization has a reputation beyond reputeXenization has a reputation beyond reputeXenization has a reputation beyond reputeXenization has a reputation beyond reputeXenization has a reputation beyond reputeXenization has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Xenization Send a message via Skype™ to Xenization
Overall I'm sure there will be large groups disappointed by both reveals. At this point in time, I'm holding out to learn more about each before I point toward one of the other for my personal gaming needs. The biggest blow for competitive gaming at this point in time would probably be the required internet connection every 24 hours from the X1.

The NSA is reading this ... right now.
Xenization is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jun 2013, 12:31 AM EDT   #6
Ryit
Testing the Waters

Ryit is one of the most hated people on GameBattles
Internet connectivity, restricting headsets, restricting pre-owned games, required Kinect with purchase, what else?

It's been real MS.

Also, thanks for removing Halo 2 off live "for larger friends lists."
Ryit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jun 2013, 1:16 PM EDT   #7
Jaredisapimp
Testing the Waters

Jaredisapimp is one of the most hated people on GameBattles
damn they just leaked its gona be a xbox one..
Jaredisapimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jun 2013, 1:53 PM EDT   #8
Steggy
Forum Navigator

Steggy has much to be proud ofSteggy has much to be proud ofSteggy has much to be proud ofSteggy has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryit View Post
Internet connectivity, restricting headsets, restricting pre-owned games, required Kinect with purchase, what else?

It's been real MS.

Also, thanks for removing Halo 2 off live "for larger friends lists."
shhh MS is hoping people forget about that promise

I mean, obviously anything can happen in the next year, both revisions to the console's/deals companies have with one another. As it stands though, in my personal opinion, the XB1 doesn't seem very conducive for competitive play. The whole downloading games or installing games whatever isn't really an issue. MLG buys each game for each console regardless.

However, the need to have the consoles connected to the internet in order to play is a huge issue for that. The Xbox 360's and PS3's are not connected to the internet through any means during a Pro Circuit event, it would be extremely difficult to hook up that many consoles to the internet for an entire weekend. I suppose if the switches the consoles were hooked up to outputted to a router to connect to the internet, it would be possible, but a huge headache. Wireless wouldn't really be an option...

However, with this in mind, I think back to when BLOPS 1 was on the circuit. Special Playstations were provided without the Bluetooth receivers in order to allow for competitive play without interferences. Now that was with a partnershipfrom Sony. So if Microsoft were to set up a partnership or sponsorship with MLG, perhaps a special version of the XB1 would be provided to overcome some of these hurdles. So you never know.

As for the controllers, if people were to side with one console over another, it doesn't necessarily mean you're stuck with the controller as well. Lest we forget there are 3rd party companies who can create controllers for the systems. So I'm not too worried about that.

Steggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jun 2013, 11:16 PM EDT   #9
TheMajorzZ
Testing the Waters

TheMajorzZ is one of the most hated people on GameBattles
honestly..this is my personnal opinion.i would like to see the PS4 take over the MLG circuit because of all the advantages it has over the xbox one and the price range also has a biger difference if you ask me
Old 12 Jun 2013, 12:46 AM EDT   #10
vVv_BuLLeT
Making an Impact

I think MS will lower the price of the X1. Also Sony failed to mention that third-party games will be able to have DRM, it is up to the publishers.
Old 12 Jun 2013, 2:16 AM EDT   #11
Enemylines
Learning the Ropes

Enemylines will become famous soon enough
not to side with one or the other, but I hate when ppl have the facts wrong and hate on x1 because of it. OP says ps4 online is free; wrong. xbox will have easy access to streaming on twitch just like ps4 has ustream, another false point in OP. and to say it has more confirmed fps games is stupid. most games are not exclusive either way and the only big name fps that is exclusive is Halo, so advantage xbox.

again not trying to be a xbox fan boy, but get the facts straight pls
Old 12 Jun 2013, 2:30 AM EDT   #12
vVv_BuLLeT
Making an Impact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enemylines View Post
not to side with one or the other, but I hate when ppl have the facts wrong and hate on x1 because of it. OP says ps4 online is free; wrong. xbox will have easy access to streaming on twitch just like ps4 has ustream, another false point in OP. and to say it has more confirmed fps games is stupid. most games are not exclusive either way and the only big name fps that is exclusive is Halo, so advantage xbox.

I hate arguing with people on my side, but u can't forget Killzone for the PS4 and the amazing TitanFall for X1
Old 12 Jun 2013, 7:35 PM EDT   #13
Enemylines
Learning the Ropes

Quote:
Originally Posted by aToMicBuLLeT View Post
I hate arguing with people on my side, but u can't forget Killzone for the PS4 and the amazing TitanFall for X1
for exclusives I was talking about mlg circuits, like the OP is talking about. and although Titanfall looks good, its the first one being made so who knows how itll turn out, could be a bust
Old 12 Jun 2013, 7:43 PM EDT   #14
RizlaRage
EU Gfinity 3v3 AM 250 Series 07-18 Tournament

RizlaRage has a brilliant futureRizlaRage has a brilliant futureRizlaRage has a brilliant futureRizlaRage has a brilliant futureRizlaRage has a brilliant futureRizlaRage has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enemylines View Post

Okay so just to prove you wrong with facts and I'm not trying to be cheeky but PS4 is cheaper and infact has much better hardware specs than the xbox one.

The xbox one also requires you to be connected on line to even play a game whether it be single player or anything like single player. PS4 doesn't = Big Advantage Sony.

Xbox one will not allow you to play pre owned games, therefore you cannot re sell the game nor take it to a friends house to play. PS4 does allow this = Big Advantage Sony.

I advise you to do some research before posting some stuff.

PS4 > XBOX ONE - Coming from a person who owns both PS3 and 360.
RizlaRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jun 2013, 12:35 AM EDT   #15
Enemylines
Learning the Ropes

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizlaRage View Post
Okay so just to prove you wrong with facts and I'm not trying to be cheeky but PS4 is cheaper and infact has much better hardware specs than the xbox one.

The xbox one also requires you to be connected on line to even play a game whether it be single player or anything like single player. PS4 doesn't = Big Advantage Sony.

Xbox one will not allow you to play pre owned games, therefore you cannot re sell the game nor take it to a friends house to play. PS4 does allow this = Big Advantage Sony.

I advise you to do some research before posting some stuff.

PS4 > XBOX ONE - Coming from a person who owns both PS3 and 360.
1. i was not comparing the two systems and each of their own advantages and disadvantages, I was simply pointing out the things that the OP posted that were false facts/information.

2. how are you gonna tell me to do some research before posting, when you are the one posting bs info

You: "PS4 is cheaper and infact has much better hardware specs than the xbox one".

The Truth: "The PS4, with its one, big block of fast RAM, and bigger GPU, probably has the edge".

source - http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/15...-specs-compare

as for ps4 being cheaper, x1 comes with kinect, ps4 doesnt come with ps4 eye

You: "The xbox one also requires you to be connected on line to even play a game whether it be single player or anything like single player".

The Truth: "The Xbox One doesn't have to be online all the time, but it does have to be online. Not just once in a while—once a day, according to Microsoft vice president Phil Harrison."

source - http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-does-requ...ay-o-509164109

while that is a disadvantage for x1, you are still wrong that you NEED to be online to play games. and lets be honest, who cant access the internet for a few seconds each time they wanna play. if you cant afford internet idk if a new console should be your top priority.

You: "Xbox one will not allow you to play pre owned games, therefore you cannot re sell the game nor take it to a friends house to play. PS4 does allow this".

The Truth:
"The PlayStation 4 won't have any DRM restrictions for Sony's first-party games, but third-party publishers will dictate their own DRM policies when releasing games on the platform, Sony America CEO Jack Tretton just said on GameTrailers".

source - http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/11/441...-own-drm-terms

This is basically the same policy that microsoft has on used games. the only difference is for 1st party games, which are very few games and not very popular ones. In essence, the two companies' stances on used games is practically the same

While this was fun and entertained me quite a bit, please next time before you go off talking shit to someone make sure you do the research before you tell me to do research. #ownedmuch

edit: might want to take note how I posted quotes from articles with factual information and posted my source. It may come in handy in your forum posting future