Jack3d's Workout / Weight Log - GameBattles Forums

Old 9 Apr 2012, 10:02 AM EDT   #1
Str8_Jack3d
Postin' Ain't Easy

Str8_Jack3d has disabled reputation
Jack3d's Workout / Weight Log

Whats up everyone Im going to be making a workout log of just the sets/reps of the workouts that I do during my workout to try an better track my progress and maybe help motivate some other people with summer coming up..

I am also going to be keeping track of my weight and body fat (as accurately as possible using the gyms electronic scale for the body fat and my home scale for my weight).

Let me know what, if anything, you guys would like me to talk about or any comments or suggestions on my workouts. I do a Monday Wednesday Friday schedule doing chest on Monday, back and shoulders on Wednesday, and bis / tris / forearm and wrist on Friday. I do lower body on either Saturday or Sunday.

I will be posting up my workout around 7:00 or 8:00pm EST once I finish my workout. **And fyi I missed my last Friday workout, so I will be going extra hard tonight doing both arms and chest today.

Let me know what you want to hear!!

Follow @ twitch.tv/str8_jack3d
Str8_Jack3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Apr 2012, 6:44 AM EDT   #2
Str8_Jack3d
Postin' Ain't Easy

Day One: Chest/Arms

Incline Bench: 205/8, 225/4, 235/2

Decline Bench: 205/10, 225/7, 265/1

Standard Bench: 205/6, 225/1 (was a little burned out from the other benches)

Cable Chest Press: 65/10, 81/10, 90/7

(normally I superset my benches with pushups but because today wasn't strictly chest like it normally is I decided not too)

High Arm Cable Curl: 54/10, 63/10, 63/4

^^Superset w/ Hammer Curls: 35/7, 35/6, 35/5

Bicep Curl: 95/8, 95/4, 95/4

^^Superset w/ Wrist Curls: 25/10, 25/10, 25/10

Tricep Extension: 197.5/10, 197.5/10, 197.5/8

^^Superset w/ Tricep Dips: 10, 10, 8 (using full body weight on a wall mounted dip rack)

Now normally like I said in the post above I seperate my arms and chest workout but because I missed my workout last Friday, I made up for it today. On a normal day I also do Incline Dumbell Curls, Single Arm Preacher Curls, Skull Crunchers as well as Barbell Wrist Curls..

**Let me know if anyone has any suggestions as to on my chest days how I might be able to split the benches up to help me not get so burned out going through them.

Week One Weight: 179.2 I'm not going to be doing the body fat as it isn't as accurate as I would like..

Old 11 Apr 2012, 11:39 AM EDT   #3
Str8_Jack3d
Postin' Ain't Easy

114 views and no comments?? going to be doing Back/Shoulders tonight! And i'll probly do some cardio as well.

Old 13 Apr 2012, 8:21 PM EDT   #4
xxterroristxx
Star in the Making

xxterroristxx has a brilliant futurexxterroristxx has a brilliant futurexxterroristxx has a brilliant futurexxterroristxx has a brilliant futurexxterroristxx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xxterroristxx
That plan is looking good, looks well thought out. Also, this is a gaming website lol.. not many ppl work out. How do you like jack3d? I am taking Prime & Powerfull. and I am taking N.O. xplode as a preworkout. and some gold standard as protein for after. I feel very good on this, it gives me very good energy but to early for results.
xxterroristxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Apr 2012, 1:16 PM EDT   #5
BombCanada07
Banned 4 Life

BombCanada07 is a splendid one to beholdBombCanada07 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to BombCanada07
You really shouldn't just do chest and "arms", you should focus on one muscle group if your going to do a compound workout. Chest/Tri is typical since those usually work together on several lifts. Also, you kind of shorted your chest on this particular workout since you basically just did BB bench and a cable press.
BombCanada07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Apr 2012, 2:56 PM EDT   #6
Str8_Jack3d
Postin' Ain't Easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxterroristxx View Post
That plan is looking good, looks well thought out. Also, this is a gaming website lol.. not many ppl work out. How do you like jack3d? I am taking Prime & Powerfull. and I am taking N.O. xplode as a preworkout. and some gold standard as protein for after. I feel very good on this, it gives me very good energy but to early for results.
ya a gaming website probly isnt the best to get comments on working out. lol. but i took jack3d a long time ago - really didnt like it. felt like a caffiene rush and thats it. right now i take NO before and its called After Glow as my post workout - absolutely love the stuff. hardly ever get sore on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombCanada07 View Post
You really shouldn't just do chest and "arms", you should focus on one muscle group if your going to do a compound workout. Chest/Tri is typical since those usually work together on several lifts. Also, you kind of shorted your chest on this particular workout since you basically just did BB bench and a cable press.
if you read my post i missed my arm workout so combined it with my chest, shortening both of them. i do bi's and tri's together.

i'll post up my other workouts when i get to them this coming week since i didnt post them this week. just wasnt getting the attention to the thread i was planning so slacked off posting a little bit. i'll start up again this week.

Old 16 Apr 2012, 11:07 PM EDT   #7
-Waby
Forum Nightmare

-Waby has a reputation beyond repute-Waby has a reputation beyond repute-Waby has a reputation beyond repute-Waby has a reputation beyond repute-Waby has a reputation beyond repute-Waby has a reputation beyond repute-Waby has a reputation beyond repute-Waby has a reputation beyond repute-Waby has a reputation beyond repute-Waby has a reputation beyond repute-Waby has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to -Waby
Played you in Cod4 dubs.
-Waby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Apr 2012, 9:04 AM EDT   #8
Str8_Jack3d
Postin' Ain't Easy

took this over to http://www.bodybuilders.com/ hmu if interested - by how this started im guessing probly not. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreew View Post
Played you in Cod4 dubs.
sure did..

Old 26 Apr 2012, 7:05 AM EDT   #9
samanthapeterson
Found the Forums

samanthapeterson is one of the most hated people on GameBattles
Thanks for the given info!
Very useful for me!;) Thanks a lot!

Old 26 Apr 2012, 10:41 AM EDT   #10
iNoBILe
This is Sparta!
Premium Member

iNoBILe has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to iNoBILe Send a message via Skype™ to iNoBILe
Nice workout plan... But, you should def add Squatting into that. It's actually really effective.

iNoBILe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Apr 2012, 10:50 AM EDT   #11
Str8_Jack3d
Postin' Ain't Easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanthapeterson View Post
Thanks for the given info!
Very useful for me!;) Thanks a lot!
no prob ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNoBILe View Post
Nice workout plan... But, you should def add Squatting into that. It's actually really effective.
i dont do lower body too often - but when i do i do squats, leg press, heal raises and that's about it..lol. my lower body has always been pretty strong so i dont really focus on that too much.

Old 26 Apr 2012, 11:01 AM EDT   #12
Str8_Jack3d
Postin' Ain't Easy

here is my back/shoulders workout:

Dumbell Shoulder Press: 70x10,70x10,70x8 or failure

-Superset #1 Flys: 10x10,10x10,10x10 (front then side = 1rep)

-Superset #2 Plate Twist: 45x10,45x10,45x10 (i take a 45lb plate and twist it around my head - as close as you can to your head)

(all three of those i consider one set - and as you can see i do it three times)

Seated Chest Row: 150x10,150x10,150x6

-Superset Lat Pull Down: 112.5x10,112.5x10,125x5

Shoulder Shrugs (on assisted squat machine): 195x10,215x10,245x6

-Superset One Arm Dumbell Row:65x10,65x10,65x8

Old 28 Apr 2012, 4:41 PM EDT   #13
-_Mark_-
Found the Forums

-_Mark_- is one of the most hated people on GameBattles
Workout looks good bro .Try and get the compound excerises in aswell instead of just singling out 1 muscle group ,
E.g - Flat Bb bench press , Squats , Deadlifts , Clean n Jerk . All these will build you the most muscle and get you strong fast . I'm 16 and i took jack3d a few weeks ago . It works really good all my lifts went up quiet abit defo be buying that and reccomend it. You should also think about doing cardio and ab routines. My ab routine takes atleast 40mins.And i do this twice a week + Cardio everyday 10mins on the treadmill. I could hook you up with my ab workout if you want send me a pm. Good luck and stay shredded :)
-_Mark_- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Apr 2012, 4:16 AM EDT   #14
-qualityy
Forum Nightmare

-qualityy has a reputation beyond repute-qualityy has a reputation beyond repute-qualityy has a reputation beyond repute-qualityy has a reputation beyond repute-qualityy has a reputation beyond repute-qualityy has a reputation beyond repute-qualityy has a reputation beyond repute-qualityy has a reputation beyond repute-qualityy has a reputation beyond repute-qualityy has a reputation beyond repute-qualityy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to -qualityy Send a message via Skype™ to -qualityy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8_Jack3d View Post
Whats up everyone Im going to be making a workout log of just the sets/reps of the workouts that I do during my workout to try an better track my progress and maybe help motivate some other people with summer coming up..

I am also going to be keeping track of my weight and body fat (as accurately as possible using the gyms electronic scale for the body fat and my home scale for my weight).

Let me know what, if anything, you guys would like me to talk about or any comments or suggestions on my workouts. I do a Monday Wednesday Friday schedule doing chest on Monday, back and shoulders on Wednesday, and bis / tris / forearm and wrist on Friday. I do lower body on either Saturday or Sunday.

I will be posting up my workout around 7:00 or 8:00pm EST once I finish my workout. **And fyi I missed my last Friday workout, so I will be going extra hard tonight doing both arms and chest today.

Let me know what you want to hear!!
You are doing too many supersets. You need rest between sets. You are over working the muscle, give them a break.

Lower body is just as important as upper. Squats and deadlifts are the best two exercies you can do.
Old 30 Apr 2012, 6:51 AM EDT   #15
Str8_Jack3d
Postin' Ain't Easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by -qualityy View Post
You are doing too many supersets. You need rest between sets. You are over working the muscle, give them a break.

Lower body is just as important as upper. Squats and deadlifts are the best two exercies you can do.
i do rest between sets. just maybe 30 sec from the main workout to the superset but then after the superset i take maybe a min or min and a half.

and i agree that lower body is important..i cant see myself doing it 2 days a week though. one is fine for me right now - i do squats but deadlifts i have never done because nobody has ever showed me the right form in doing them and i dont feel like killing my back. so its squats for me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by -_Mark_- View Post
Workout looks good bro .Try and get the compound excerises in aswell instead of just singling out 1 muscle group ,
E.g - Flat Bb bench press , Squats , Deadlifts , Clean n Jerk . All these will build you the most muscle and get you strong fast . I'm 16 and i took jack3d a few weeks ago . It works really good all my lifts went up quiet abit defo be buying that and reccomend it. You should also think about doing cardio and ab routines. My ab routine takes atleast 40mins.And i do this twice a week + Cardio everyday 10mins on the treadmill. I could hook you up with my ab workout if you want send me a pm. Good luck and stay shredded :)

i used to do a complete upper body workout where i did a little bit of everything but kind of plateaued and wasnt gaining any mass like i wanted so i switched it up too the chest, back/shoulder, and arms on seperate days and i really like it for right now. everyone always brings up jack3d because of my name..lol but i stopped taking that after about 2 months of taking it - it just felt like a caffeine rush to me so i take N.O now and really like it (i cycle one month on then 2 weeks off).

i do have an ab routine that i do at the end of every workout but dont know the names of 90% of what i do so i dont post it..lol. and on most days i do a warm-up cardio session on the treadmill or track. (i have been doing a spinning class too and it kicks your ass..lol, you should try one) but im going to send you a PM for that ab workout, it'll be good for me to switch it up on myself. "Good luck and stay shredded :)" - same to you man!