Let's see if we can bring the "Old" GB back! - Xbox 360 (360) Forum - GameBattles Forums

Old 15 Apr 2012, 1:47 PM EDT   #1
Paula-Deen
Learning the Lingo

Paula-Deen is one of the most hated people on GameBattlesPaula-Deen is one of the most hated people on GameBattles
Let's see if we can bring the "Old" GB back!

After numerous posts about the CMRS, and other related issues, I'd like to see if GB even cares about our views on their new website.

Here is the rundown so far: (Previous Post)
________________________________________ ____________________
This is what's really happening-
In regards to Gamebattles, and the Gamebattles community, I would like to contest Gamebattles as a whole. Now the first thing that I would start off with, is the new site update, and all the other "Fixes" that Gamebattles has applied to their site. Like any other site, they tend to evolve from their normal niche, and upgrade based on what they feel would be better for their site, and what their community would like. Well, in this case, Gamebattles doesn't take in to consideration, or fully comprehend why people join their site, and what they would like to see happen. To start off, I'll go into detail on why the CMRS is failing to meet the community's standards. If you take a look, as a whole, of all the members that claim to be cheated, or received a wrongful loss due to the new resolution system, we will find that the most honest players tend to lose disputes, no matter if they even won their match. But no matter how much Gamebattles tries to justify their loss, the real answer isn't obscured like they would want it to be. They tend to justify what happened by claiming that the CMRS does not have any flaws, and that it is a full-proof method for disputes. A panacea method for a plague of immaturity and imbalance that occurs between players internally within the community itself. As we all know, Gamebattles treats disputes as an anathema, and they "try" to handle it as best as they can. Well soon after, Gamebattles began to get notorious, and they began to get interested in money, instead of the well-being of the community, which used to be their intent. You can see this with the cash payouts from tournaments, if you were to do the math, and calculate how much Gamebattles buckets off of each tournament. They went mainstream, and began to add features that required membership to access, which were able to access originally. This brings me back to the CMRS. We all know that the most honest, fair, and decent players get cheated on Gamebattles constantly, and it is a struggle to reclaim their win, from the opposing team that cheated to receive the win. It used to be as easy as submitting a ticket, and filing your claim. But after Gamebattles went mainstream, they decided to alter the usage of this. Here's the "catch", you got to pay to use that feature! So basically, you have to pay actually use the site properly, and receive support from the staff, who should be helping everyone equally. In terms, you have to pay to make the site work. As much as I hate to say it, Gamebattles understands everything that they are doing. A simple marketing technique, shrouded by propaganda, to keep receiving money from the populace or the community. Now if you were an original member of Gamebattles, you would understand why this change means more to us, than it does to a newer member. For the reasons explained above, you can tell that they are bucketing more money off of us, every single day we use the site. So to all the people that are getting cheated from Gamebattles, think before you enter the site. You know as well as I do, that they don't take into consideration what we want, it's only about what they want. Gamebattles used to be an amazing place, to meet new people, and have a friendly competition. But now, as a plague of immaturity and disarray swept across their site, they figured out how to use that for their own liking. Think about all the disputes, then think about how many people are addicted to this website. Now take into consideration, that they now make you pay to receive support from a staff member that can properly award a win. Now take a look at CMRS, now think about how many people get cheated by the system. Profit, that is the key word. If you are addicted to the website, then you are going to pay to access features such as receiving help from the staff. And if the CMRS system constantly cheats you, you are eventually going to pay for premium. They make profit from ignorance. It's so easy to understand, yet so little people see the big picture. Now this is just my opinion, on this matter. What if the CMRS system is rigged, but loosely corresponds with the votes that "we" vote on. Now, what if you received the loss, even if people voted on you. What are you going to do? Escalate the match? Sorry buddy, that's only for Premium members only. Now as I said before, if you are addicted to this site, you are going to buy premium just to get the win back. Does anybody else see the big picture here?
________________________________________ ____________________

Now, as you can see, it's all about the money they make. They profit off of us, and they will keep continuing to profit off of the uneducated majority for this matter. I'm constantly hearing about how they need to bring back the old GameBattles, for which, I also agree. The old dispute system was a more profound full proof system to resolve disputes, but it also came with its own problems, such as the admins having to resolve an indomitable amount of dispute tickets, but at the same time, the problem was slowly going away when people ACTUALLY got locked for more than 2 weeks. But ever since Gamebattles paired up with MLG, the entire site has went downhill, and some of the old members that were on this website since CoD4 all see the same problem. The problem lies Internally and Externally, which can be resolved, except it takes the initiative to accomplish. So what can we do to get the old Gamebattles back? Well that is what I want to discuss in this post.

How can we exactly help bring back the old Gamebattles?
- Each day, Gamebattles recieves more and more money off of the people that use this site regularly. How can that help? Well, what are protests for? If an indomitable amount of the populace in this community was to stay off Gamebattles for however long it takes to slowly rebuild the old GB, than we could finally start to see some "New" Changes around Gamebattles, in hopes of getting the previous site back. We can't just sit around and complain, without taking any initiative onto getting the old Gamebattles back, now can we? Here is the big question, to the community. Should we protest Gamebattles, and set up a date for a "Blackout" on Gamebattles? Is it even worth the time, or do you think they will actually listen? Now, if Gamebattles actually cares about our voices, than they would allow us to actually assemble, PEACEFULLY (And that means no profanity, and immaturity) and voice our opinions on this post. Please, if you want the old Gamebattles back, post below, and voice your opinion. Provide any evidence that you have been cheated with over this site, and this includes CRMS disputes that YOU have been cheated from.

Cheers!
Paula-Deen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Apr 2012, 4:23 PM EDT   #2
Jordan515
Learning the Lingo
Premium Member

Jordan515 is unpopular at this moment
I'm not even going to read that whole post because its far too long for something you know nothing of. Gb for the most part is the same other than MLG rank, Overall W/L, and CMRS as the first day I joined. I dont see how overall W/L is bad or MLG rank seeing as it just a more accurate way of representing your skill level. I'm so sick of hearing people complain about CMRS becuase GB needs to have it in order to run. There are far too many members on GB for admins to be able to review all of there tickets. My advice is to get premium, it's 12.99 every 3 months which is very reasonable. People they care what you think but apparently they know whats in your best interest as a member better than you do. STOP COMPLAINING or STOP USING THE SITE
Old 15 Apr 2012, 7:07 PM EDT   #3
JSPMA1988
Taking the Plunge

JSPMA1988 JSPMA1988 JSPMA1988
Send a message via Skype™ to JSPMA1988
CMRS is somewhat flawed actually. It won't go away, but there are changes that can be made to make it more fair. There are some things I've seen wrong with the current system.
Old 16 Apr 2012, 8:14 AM EDT   #4
KILLING5PR33
Learning the Ropes

KILLING5PR33 will become famous soon enough
Didn't read all of it but they need to bring the old school rules and green gb layout back.Need to add more games to the ladders and implement the old rules. Re-hire refs and get rid of this capture card bs. Anyone can edit the results...
Old 16 Apr 2012, 8:16 AM EDT   #5
KILLING5PR33
Learning the Ropes

KILLING5PR33 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx_IVIuRdA_xX View Post
I'm not even going to read that whole post because its far too long for something you know nothing of. Gb for the most part is the same other than MLG rank, Overall W/L, and CMRS as the first day I joined. I dont see how overall W/L is bad or MLG rank seeing as it just a more accurate way of representing your skill level. I'm so sick of hearing people complain about CMRS becuase GB needs to have it in order to run. There are far too many members on GB for admins to be able to review all of there tickets. My advice is to get premium, it's 12.99 every 3 months which is very reasonable. People they care what you think but apparently they know whats in your best interest as a member better than you do. STOP COMPLAINING or STOP USING THE SITE
Gb is no where near what it was under polira watch....
Old 16 Apr 2012, 10:47 AM EDT   #6
Lealzz
Found the Forums

Lealzz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx_IVIuRdA_xX View Post
Actually what he said is true. You're wrong. The old GB community was fun-filled and actually was competitive. Now it's mostly hostbooters and kids that make second accounts to vote for themselves in CMRS matches. I'm next to positive that if gamebattles needed more refs/people to review tickets, they'd get them in a heartbeat. Theres copious amounts of people that would become a ref as soon as they could. It's pathetic now.

zZoomy
Lealzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Apr 2012, 11:25 AM EDT   #7
STROPZ_
Testing the Waters

STROPZ_ is one of the most hated people on GameBattles
did not read
STROPZ_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Apr 2012, 11:39 AM EDT   #8
Bananashotz
Testing the Waters

Bananashotz is one of the most hated people on GameBattles
Couldn't you have shortened that down.
I'm not reading all of that.
Old 16 Apr 2012, 1:26 PM EDT   #9
Beehzy_
Amateur Free for All 08-28 Tournament

Beehzy_ has much to be proud ofBeehzy_ has much to be proud ofBeehzy_ has much to be proud ofBeehzy_ has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Beehzy_
I really think if you vote for the wrong team a certain % of the time you should not be able to dispute
Beehzy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Apr 2012, 2:11 PM EDT   #10
XM0vingTargetX
Found the Forums

XM0vingTargetX is on a distinguished road
I 100% agree with all of this... This is the 3rd time our team has received a loss when we had perfect proof of us winning. I am not willing to pay money for this flawed system.
XM0vingTargetX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Apr 2012, 11:58 PM EDT   #11
Glorifi-
Testing the Waters

Glorifi- is one of the most hated people on GameBattles
It's getting really out of hand at a point you start wondering if they even think about what they are oing before they do it. Bring back the refs
Glorifi- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Apr 2012, 9:56 AM EDT   #12
PlasticSpoon-
Found the Forums

PlasticSpoon- is one of the most hated people on GameBattles
Send a message via AIM to PlasticSpoon-
Yes, I agree with you 100%. This website is a joke from hell, they make a CMRS system because their to damn lazy to look at anyones tickets because theirs "too many" members, didn't seem like a problem before? besides more than half the people I know quit the website because it is completely ruined, they make premium membership cards because they don't know how to run a website correctly so they lose money, i've been quitting on and off because I get a 50-0 record etc. and CMRS is a joke and gives me the loss, and I try to submit a ticket to get it reversed and " sorry you need premium to get the match overturned " Like.. who in their right mind would make you spend 12.99 or 29.99 for a green W, like honestly, website is honestly ruined, and reset the MLG Ranks "AGAIN" because everyone on that top 25 boosts / gives free wins, I honestly say it goes back to GB the way it was in 2010, and this new xP system is god awful, hope this gets taken into concideration, thank you.
Old 18 Apr 2012, 8:40 PM EDT   #13
Jordan515
Learning the Lingo
Premium Member

Jordan515 is unpopular at this moment
Ok people dont talk about what you dont know??? you cannot have your friends give you wins in cmrs and you cannot make a second account and vote for your own... why you ask??? Well lets see there are 10000s of open CMRS tickets right now the odds of finding your match are 1/10000 have fun wasting your time... point 2 the votes that REALLY count are the people who spend lots of time im talking 1000s of correct choices on CMRS and their votes are weighted far more heavily than others becuase they have proven they can make the correct decision. Like ive said 1000 times CMRS is not flawed if you know how to properly submit proof