Miniclip 8 Ball Pool Online Tournament
The only acceptable proof for this tournament will be a video that contains at least one timestamp per game. (i.e You must have at least two legible timestamps if you win 2-0)
NOTE: Please note that Apple iPhone users who are running iOS 11 have a recording application built into their phone.
To access, Settings > Control Center > Customized Controls > Include Screen Recording
- The default game settings should be used for this tournament.
- All players MUST use the beginner cue for this tournament. Use of any other cue will result in a forfeit of the map.
- If a staff member receives evidence that gives the staff member a reasonable suspicion that a team is using hacks, staff reserve the right to require video evidence from the suspected team that proves no hacks were used.
- All matches for this competition are expected to be played at the scheduled match time listed on each teams' match page. Tournament start and approximate end times are listed on the info tab for this competition.
- After losing a match in a single elimination tournament, that team will be eliminated from the competition.
- Matches may not be rescheduled except for finals. Rescheduling a finals match will be at the discretion of Online Tournament Staff
- All teams/players have a 15 minute grace period from the match scheduled time to show up and play their match. If a team does not show up by the end of this grace period, an OLT Support Specialist must verify the no show. Please contact a staff member via the Online Tournament Live Support. Once the staff member joins, extra time up to 10 minutes may be given to ensure the match is played.
- Teams have 5 minutes between each map/game mode. If a team/player goes over this grace period, please follow the above steps for support.
- No warm-up or practice Games are permitted once the first tournament match has begun. If a match is played before the scheduled time, it will not be considered a warm-up and will count as the official scores.
- When you join the lobby it is assumed you are ready to play. Once all players are in a lobby the game may be started at any time.
- Players not on any of the teams' rosters should not be allowed into the private match lobby at any time. If a player not listed on a team's roster joins the match and disrupts the game play or does not leave in a timely manner, the host should end the game.
- Any form of cheating, glitching, abusing in-game mechanics, unsportsmanlike behavior, or use of restricted items is forbidden. These offenses are subject to the penalties listed in the Penalties Section of this rules page. Please contact Online Tournament Support via Live Support to receive assistance with these issues.
- Hosting refers to the team that creates a Private match lobby. The team “hosts” the Map by creating the Private match lobby and creating the custom game in accordance with the information on the match page and this rules page. On many games, the individual player that created the room also often hosts the game on his/her connection. On other games, the connection is hosted by in-game servers. Please note that the use of the term “Host” below applies to the individual that creates the Custom Game Lobby.
- All players must agree that the Host is reasonable before the start of a Map. If a reasonable Host cannot be found, Tournament Live Support MUST be used to request an OLT Support Specialist to help decide who will host the map. If an OLT Support Specialist is not available, the best Host should be used.
- Tournament support can be requested by creating a Support Ticket or Live Chat.
- Tournament Question/Issues category should be used for issues with registration, missing tournament achievements, and general tournament questions.
- For all tournament match issues, the 'Solve My Dispute' category should be used. This will direct the ticket to the appropriate section.
- All accusations of cheating or violation of any of the listed rules require proof for Support Staff to enforce any penalties and to make the best informed decision. Burden of that proof is on the accusing party.
- We highly suggest that as many players as possible take pictures and/or video of their matches.
- If no proof can be provided of a cheating accusation, the results of the match will stand.
- Tournament Staff have the final decision in all matters related to this competition.
- If a player feels the decision is unjust and/or goes against the rules listed for this competition, an Arena: Staff Report ticket should be submitted for review. Please include any information and proof pertinent to the issue.
- Abuse of Online Tournament Support Staff will not be tolerated in any form. This includes verbal abuse in matches and written abuse on Live Support, Support Tickets, and messages sent over the game console.
- Abusing In-Game Mechanics
- For all game modes, abusing in game mechanics will result in the loss of that map.
- Repeated abuse of in game mechanics to gain an unfair advantage will result in the loss of the entire match.
- The offending player will be suspended from the site for up to thirty (30) days.
- Use of any hacks, mods, etc that alter the normal game play will result in the loss of the entire match.
- The offending player will be suspended from the site for up to one hundred and twenty (120) days.
- Evading Ban and/or Non-Amateur Status
- Any player found evading a severe site ban or one related to Online Tournaments will immediately be disqualified from this competition.
- For Amateur tournaments only, any player found evading their Non-Amateur status will immediately be disqualified from this competition
- If that player participates in any part of the match during the first tournament round, that team will forfeit the map(s) played.
- If that player participates in any part of a match after the first tournament round, that team will be disqualified from the competition.
- The offending player(s) will be suspended from the site for up to one-hundred and twenty (60) days for evading a ban and up to sixty (30) days for evading amateur status.
- Lack of Cooperation
- Failing to comply with Support Staff's directions and/or requests may result in the forfeit of round(s), a map, or the entire match.
- Residents of the United States only. Not valid in Maryland, Arizona, and Connecticut. Employees of MLG, the Tournament's participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, and members of the immediate family of any such persons, are not eligible to participate and win. For the complete list of restrictions/limitations, please visit the prize tab. Any team found using a restricted player may be disqualified from the tournament without a refund of credits.
- Users must utilize their own unique username for competing on GameBattles. This unique username must have been registered on GameBattles personally by you the user. The registered username must contain the correct and complete Name, Address, and Email of the user. If a false Name, Address, or Email was entered, the user voids the privilege to participate in the event and or receive any prizes.
- As the tournament participant, you are personally responsible for accepting any invitation to a team. If you do not personally accept a team invitation, you may be disqualified from competing. You also forfeit the ability to receive a prize. If you join a Tournament team from a proxy IP address, you risk being disqualified from competing.
- Definition of Non-Amateurs: Players that have won a cash prize from any Online Tournaments or Ladders for the game and console on which the tournament is being held. If a player takes credits in place of a cash prize, they are no longer considered an amateur and are ineligible to play in amateur tournaments. If any player is found playing on a team that falls into one of the above categories, the whole team will be disqualified and credits will not be refunded. Anyone living in the same household as a Non Amateur player will also be considered non Amateur and are not allowed to participate in Amateur Tournaments. If someone is caught playing in an Amateur Tournament and any other accounts from that household are non-Amateur the team will forfeit their match and the player will be banned along with the non-Amateur account.
- Any player that is currently banned for any tournament related or severe site misconduct on one account is not permitted to compete in Online Tournaments until the penalty has expired. Any player found evading an Online Tournament ban by using a secondary account will be disqualified from the tournament without a refund of the credits used for entry. If this player has played in any map/match in the tournament, that team may be disqualified from the tournament.
- In game IP checks will be administered at the discretion of the Online Tournament Staff. This will ensure no one is account recovering and attempting to play on another person's account. Anyone found to be cheating will be suspended from the website. However, IP checks will not be be given after the match has been completed.
- If any team fails to report an issue with their tournament match that results in their opponent being disqualified later in the tournament (i.e evading amateur status), credits will not be refunded to that team. All issues with a tournament match must be reported to tournament staff before or during the match.
- If leadership of a tournament team is transferred to another member of that team, that person gives up all team editing privileges (adding/removing players, disbanding team, ect.). This includes any player/team "credit sponsors". As a warning, credits will not be refunded for any players the "credit sponsor" pays for if he/she is removed from the roster after leadership is transferred.
- Any changes to a team roster after the tournament has been seeded is at the discretion of tournament staff. This includes changes to Xbox Live Gamertags, PSN IDs, Battle.net IDs, etc. Players may only be added to a roster (username and gamertag) up until the end of that team's first match. All players must play on the Xbox Live Gamertag, PSN, Battle.net IDs, etc that are on the tournament roster. Coaches and Team Managers are not permitted in the lobby once a match starts.
- For Xbox 360 tournaments, all participants must utilize an Xbox Live Account that has and active Gold Membership. Any player/team found using a Silver Xbox Live Account is subject to disqualification.
- At any time, staff reserve the right to ask for first person view of any individual's tournament game play and/or console boot up. Failing to provide what is requested in a timely manner or follow OLT Staff's directions may result in that player's inability to continue to play and/or disqualification of the entire team from this competition.
- Users are prohibited from sharing account information stored on GameBattles with another person for any reason. This includes, but is not limited to the following: usernames, passwords, gamertags, email accounts, etc. If another person accesses your account, you may be disqualified from the event and removed from GameBattles. This includes giving out your password to allow others to account recover your XBL Gamertag or PSN. In the event an account is stolen, the account creator is responsible for any lost credits/damages to that account.
- Tournament bracket size and prize are subject to change based on the total number of eligible teams at the end of registration.
- The rules are subject to change at any time before the registration deadline, so check them often. In extremely rare cases, rules may be altered after the tournament has started.
- Participation in this competition constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Rules, the Official Rules on the Prize tab, and Referee decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related this tournament. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.