The GameBattles Easter Challenge Community Event is live! Featuring a tiered reward system where you can earn Profile Badges, MLG Credits, Double XP Days & more by playing GameBattles matches between April 19th & April 26th!
Call of Duty World League
Infinite Warfare Online Tournament
Click here to view the full CWL Handbook
Terms of Service: https://accounts.majorleaguegaming.com/terms_of_service
THESE ONLINE TOURNAMENT RULES MAY BE UPDATED AND MODIFIED AT ANY TIME, FOR ANY REASON. RULINGS MAY BE MADE OUTSIDE THE SCOPE OF THESE ONLINE TOURNAMENT RULES IN ORDER TO PRESERVE FAIR PLAY AND TOURNAMENT INTEGRITY. PARTICIPATION IN A TOURNAMENT CONSTITUTES YOUR FULL AND UNCONDITIONAL AGREEMENT TO THE HANDBOOK, THESE ONLINE TOURNAMENT RULES AND THE ADMINISTRATION’S DECISIONS, WHICH ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS AND IN ALL RESPECTS. WINNING A PRIZE IS CONTINGENT UPON FULFILLING ALL REQUIREMENTS SET FORTH IN THE HANDBOOK AND THESE ONLINE TOURNAMENT RULES.
THESE ONLINE TOURNAMENT RULES AND ALL DISPUTES RELATED TO OR ARISING OUT OF YOUR PARTICIPATION IN A TOURNAMENT ARE GOVERNED BY A BINDING ARBITRATION CLAUSE IN SECTION 11 BELOW AND A WAIVER OF CLASS ACTION RIGHTS. THAT CLAUSE AFFECTS YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND REMEDIES, AND YOU SHOULD REVIEW IT CAREFULLY BEFORE ACCEPTING THE HANDBOOK AND THESE ONLINE TOURNAMENT RULES.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED
1. Description of Tournament/Participation:
A. Dates of Tournament: The Tournament will be conducted beginning and ending on the dates provided by MLG for each individual Tournament.
B. How to Enter:
I. You must be an active and registered member of the GameBattles.com site (the “GameBattles”) to enter. You must utilize Your own unique username for competing on GameBattles. This unique username must have been registered on GameBattles personally by You. The registered username must contain Your correct and complete name, address and email address. If a false name, address or email was entered, You are ineligible to participate in this Tournament and/or receive any prizes. You are personally responsible for accepting any invitation to a Team. If You do not personally accept a Team invitation, You may be disqualified from the Tournament and forfeit any prize. MLG reserves the right to deactivate, reset or temporarily suspend any account, Player or Team, without notice, that violates the Handbook or these Online Tournament Rules.
II. You may register for the Tournament by logging on to the GameBattles Site and completing the free on-line registration form at https://accounts.majorleaguegaming.com/account/new. Tournament registration is on a first come first serve basis and is open until all applicable Tournament spots are filled. One entry per person per Tournament. Valid Tournament entries must contain all information requested. Incomplete and/or multiple entries will be disqualified. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, misdirected or incomplete entries.
2. Eligibility: Eligibility for a Tournament is as set forth in Section 3 of the Handbook. Void in Quebec and where otherwise prohibited by law. Residents in those jurisdictions where the Tournaments are void are ineligible to participate.
3. Team Management: If leadership of a Team is transferred to another member of that Team, that person gives up all Team editing privileges (adding/removing players, disbanding Team, etc.).
4. Valid Gamertags: All gamertags on a Team’s roster must be valid. Each Player on the roster must own their gamertag. A gamertag’s spelling and spaces must be exact, but the correct case is not necessary. Gamertags may not contain foul language, disparaging remarks, hateful or racist names. Any changes to a Team roster after a Tournament has been seeded is at the discretion of the Administration, which includes changes to gamertags, etc. Players may only be added to a roster (username and gamertag) up until the end of that Team's first match. Gamertags must be linked to a Player's Gamebattles account before the start of the bracket play.
5. Privacy & Impersonation: You are prohibited from sharing account information stored on GameBattles with another person for any reason. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: usernames, passwords, gamertags, email accounts, etc. You may not use another Player’s GameBattles acount in a Game. You may not allow another Player to use Your GameBattles account in a Game. Any individual who violates this rule may be disqualified from a Tournament. In Game IP checks will be conducted at the discretion of the Administration. This will help to determine that no one is account recovering and attempting to play on another person's account. However, IP checks will not be given after the match has been completed.
6. Broadcast: MLG reserves the right to broadcast any Match. If MLG chooses to broadcast a Match, MLG staff members must be allowed into each Game.
Game - One (1) competition played on one (1) map between two (2) Teams.
Map - The in-Game level on which a Game is played (ex. Crusher).
Game Mode - Competition type with specific win condition(s) (ex. Search and Destroy).
Game Type - Combination of Game mode and map (ex. Search and Destroy - Crusher).
8. Team Content: The leader of a Team can change the Team name, blast message, logos, avatars and website links, subject to the Administration’s approval in all respects. The images/information submitted must be appropriate and cannot violate the Handbook or these Online Tournament Rules. Attempting to bypass the automatic censor by misspelling, inserting spaces or symbols, transposing letters, using look-alike symbols, or any other method is not allowed. Teams that attempt to bypass the censor will be subject to disciplinary action.
Any setting not listed below should not be changed from its default state within the private match lobby. The global settings are to be used for all Game modes unless otherwise specified in the Game modes specific section.
The hosting Team is responsible for setting up a private lobby match with the correct settings and the correct map. If the hosting Team starts the Game with the wrong settings, it will result in penalties for that map/mode.
10. Game Rules:
Search and Destroy
Maps & Game Mode Combinations
Search and Destroy
a. Bracket Play:
c. All Matches
11. Dispute Resolution
1. In an effort to accelerate resolution and reduce the cost of any dispute, Participants and Administration agree to first attempt to negotiate a resolution of any dispute informally for at least thirty (30) days before either party initiates any arbitration.
2. Negotiations will begin upon receipt of written notice by the party raising the dispute. Administration will send its notice to the Participant’s billing address and email you a copy to the email address you have provided to Administration.
3. Participants will send their notice to Administration at Major League Gaming Corp., 3 Park Avenue, 32nd Floor, New York, New York 10016, Attn.: Legal Department.
c. Binding Arbitration:
1. If a dispute cannot be resolved through negotiations, either Participant or Administration may elect to have the dispute finally and exclusively resolved by binding arbitration. Any election to arbitrate by one party shall be final and binding on the other.
2. PARTICIPANTS SHOULD REVIEW THIS PROVISION CAREFULLY. THIS ARBITRATION PROVISION LIMITS PARTICIPANTS AND ADMINISTRATION’S ABILITY TO LITIGATE CLAIMS IN COURT AND PARTICIPANT AND ADMINISTRATION EACH AGREE TO WAIVE THEIR RESPECTIVE RIGHTS TO A JURY TRIAL.
3. This arbitration provision is made pursuant to a transaction involving interstate commerce, and the Federal Arbitration Act (the "FAA") shall apply to the interpretation, applicability, enforceability and formation of this Agreement notwithstanding any other choice of law provision contained in this Agreement. Specifically, all claims arising out of or relating to this Agreement (including its interpretation, formation, performance and breach), the parties' relationship with each other and/or your participation in the Competition shall be finally settled by binding arbitration.
4. The arbitration shall be commenced and conducted by JAMS pursuant to its Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures, which are available at the JAMS website (http://www.jamsadr.com) or by calling JAMS at (800) 352-5267. The arbitrator, and not any federal, state or local court or agency, shall have exclusive authority to resolve all disputes arising out of or relating to the interpretation, applicability, enforceability or formation of this Handbook, including, but not limited to any claim that all or any part of this Handbook are void or voidable, or whether a claim is subject to arbitration. The arbitrator shall be empowered to grant whatever relief would be available in a court under law or in equity. The arbitrator’s award shall be written, and binding on the parties and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction.
5. Where any action includes claims that are arbitrable and claims that are not, the entire action shall be stayed, absent a showing of prejudice to the complaining party, pending the completion of the arbitration of the arbitrable issues. Participants or Administration can request the stay be lifted upon a showing of prejudice. Participants arbitration fees and Participants share of arbitrator compensation shall be governed by the JAMS Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures.
6. Notwithstanding the parties' decision to resolve all disputes through arbitration, either party may seek relief in a small claims court for disputes or claims within the scope of that court’s jurisdiction.
7. Your arbitration fees and your share of arbitrator compensation shall be governed by the JAMS Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and, to the extent applicable, the Consumer Minimum Standards, including the then-current limit on arbitration filing fees. To the extent the filing fee for the arbitration exceeds the cost of filing a lawsuit, the Administration will pay the additional cost.
8. Notwithstanding the parties' decision to resolve all disputes through arbitration, either party may bring an action in state or federal court that only asserts claims for patent infringement or invalidity, copyright infringement, moral rights violations, trademark infringement, and/or trade secret misappropriation, but not, for clarity, claims related to the license granted to you for the MLG Service under the Terms of Service for Major League Gaming, available at https://accounts.majorleaguegaming.com/terms_of_service.
d. Arbitration Procedures:
1. The arbitration may be conducted in person, through the submission of documents, by phone, or online. The arbitrator will make a decision in writing, but need not provide a statement of reasons unless requested by a party.
2. THE PARTIES UNDERSTAND THAT, ABSENT THIS MANDATORY PROVISION, THEY WOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO SUE IN COURT AND HAVE A JURY TRIAL. They further understand that, in some instances, the costs of arbitration could exceed the costs of litigation. The parties understand that the right to discovery may be more limited in arbitration than in court.
e. Class and Collective Action Waiver:
1. Participants and Administration agree that any arbitration or court proceeding shall be limited to the dispute between Administration and Participant individually.
2. Participants acknowledge and agree that: (i) a claim by, or on behalf of, other persons, will not be considered in, joined with, or consolidated with, the arbitration proceedings or any court proceedings between Participants and Administration; (ii) there is no right or authority for any dispute to be arbitrated, adjudicated, or resolved through court proceedings on a class-action basis or to utilize class action procedures; and (iii) Participants will not have the right to participate as a class representative, private attorney general, or as a member of any class of claimants for any dispute subject to arbitration or any dispute brought in court. Any dispute regarding the prohibitions in the prior Sections shall be resolved by the arbitrator in accordance with this Section.
3. If, for any reason, this class or collective action waiver is deemed unenforceable by a court or arbitrator, Participants agree that the parties’ contract to arbitrate is then void, and any ongoing or future dispute will be submitted to a court of competent jurisdiction within the County of New York, State of New York, United States of America, to the exclusion of arbitration. Any dispute at that time in arbitration will be dismissed without prejudice and refiled in a court.
f. Location of Arbitration: If you are a resident of the United States, arbitration will take place at any reasonable location within the United States convenient for you. For residents outside the United States, arbitration shall be initiated in the County of New York, State of New York, United States of America, and you and the Administration agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of any federal or state court in New York County, New York, in order to compel arbitration, to stay proceedings pending arbitration, or to confirm, modify, vacate or enter judgment on the award entered by the arbitrator.
g. Awards: Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited as set forth in these Online Tournament Rules in Section 11.
h. Right to Opt Out and Changes to this Section: You have the right to opt-out and not be bound by the arbitration and class action waiver provisions set forth above by sending written notice of your decision to opt-out to the following address: 2017 Call of Duty World League c/o Major League Gaming Corp., Attention: Legal, 3 Park Avenue, 32nd Floor, New York, New York, 10016. The notice must be sent within 30 days of your agreement to this Handbook. Otherwise you shall be bound to arbitrate disputes in accordance with the terms of those paragraphs. If you opt-out of these arbitration provisions, the Administration also will not be bound by them. The Administration will provide 60-days’ notice of any changes to this section (Section 11). Changes will become effective on the 60th day, and will apply prospectively only to any claims arising after the 60th day.