CWL National Circuit Stage 1 – United Kingdom Official Rules
Terms of Service: https://accounts.majorleaguegaming.com/terms_of_service
THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND ALL DISPUTES RELATED TO OR ARISING OUT OF YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE CIRCUIT ARE GOVERNED BY A BINDING ARBITRATION CLAUSE IN SECTION 15 OF THE HANDBOOK AND A WAIVER OF CLASS ACTION RIGHTS. THAT CLAUSE AFFECTS YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND REMEDIES, AND YOU SHOULD REVIEW IT CAREFULLY BEFORE PARTICIPATING IN THE CIRCUIT.
1. Eligibility. Eligibility for the Circuit is as set forth in Section 3 of the Handbook. Åland, Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Greenland, Hungary, Iceland, Isle of Man, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Romania, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom, and Vatican City Residents only. Additionally, two Players from each team must be from United Kingdom and/or Republic of Ireland. Players and Teams competing in the CWL Pro League are not eligible for the National Circuit.
2. Registration; Tournament Description.
a. Teams must submit their Roster via GameBattles by January 22, 2018 at 6:00 PM ET to be eligible for the Circuit. Qualification into the Circuit will be determined by cumulative CWL Pro Points earned as of January 22, 2018 at 6:00 AM ET. Eight (8) Teams will qualify into the Circuit.
b. Round-Robin Stage. Teams will compete in an eight (8) team single round-robin circuit. The four (4) teams with the best records after the round-robin stage will move to the Playoffs. In the event of Teams having the same win/loss record at the conclusion of the round-robin stage, final place will be determined via Tiebreaker Rules. Tiebreaker Rules (in order): 1) Head to Head Match win percentage (Matches won vs. tied Teams / Matches played vs. tied Teams), 2) Head to Head Game win percentage (Games won vs. tied Teams / Games played vs. tied Teams), 3) Overall Game win percentage (Overall Games won / overall Games played).The bottom two (2) teams, based on records, will move to Stage 2 Relegation. The top six (6) teams will qualify for the National Circuit Stage 2.
c. Playoffs. Playoffs will consist of the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place Teams from round-robin stage competing in a four (4) team single elimination playoff. The 1st Place Team will be matched against the 4th Place Team, and the 2nd Place Team will be matched against the 3rd Place Team in the first round of the bracket.
d. Stage 2 Relegation. Teams must submit their Roster via GameBattles by February 12, 2018 at 6:00 PM ET to be eligible for Relegation. Stage 2 Relegation will consist of the 7th and 8th place Teams from the Round-Robin Stage and the top two (2) teams from GameBattles sign ups, competing in a four (4) Team single elimination bracket. Qualification for the two (2) GameBattles sign ups, into the Stage 2 Relegation will be determined by cumulative CWL Pro Points earned as of February 12, 2018 at 6:00 AM ET. The 7th Place Team will be matched against the Team with the second highest Pro Points from the GameBattles signups, and the 8th Place Team will be matched up with the Team with the highest Pro Points from the GameBattles signups. The bracket will end when only two Teams remain in the bracket. The two (2) Teams remaining at the end of the Relegation bracket will move on to National Circuit Stage 2.
c. Schedule. The Circuit will begin on January 26, 2018 and end on February 16, 2018. Teams will be scheduled to play Matches each Friday. The schedule will be available on GameBattles. All Matches must be played in accordance with the Match schedule provided by Administration on GameBattles. Administration reserves the right to reschedule matches for any reason at any time. Matches may be rescheduled at the sole discretion of Administration. Schedule changes will be communicated to all Teams by Administration at its earliest convenience.
3. Roster Rules. The Player which created the Team on GameBattles will be the captain of the Team. Teams are not allowed to make changes to rosters once the Circuit has begun.
4. Broadcast Rules. Administration reserves the right to broadcast any Matches during the Circuit. Players are allowed to broadcast their own Matches. Administration may revoke the privilege for Players to broadcast their own Matches at any time for any reason.
5. Prize Awards. Information on the distribution, eligibility and requirements to win a prize (if applicable) are as set forth in Section 10 of the Handbook. The Circuit will award the winning Team a $1,000 First Prize, as well as four (4) round-trip coach class airfare for winning Team from the major airport nearest to Team’s residence to the airport closest to the applicable event venue, three (3) days/four (4) night hotel accommodations (2 rooms, double occupancy), and one (1) Team Pass to CWL Atlanta Open – approximate retail value (“ARV”) of First Prize $7,500.00.
Travel must be round trip. Administration will determine airline, flight itinerary and hotel accommodations in its sole discretion. If in the judgment of Administration, air travel in not required due to winner’s proximity to destination, ground transportation will be substituted for round trip air travel at Administration’s sole and absolute discretion. The difference in value will not be awarded to the winner. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules, and those set forth by Administration’s airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. All travel must be completed by August 31, 2018, and must be arranged with Administration a minimum of thirty (30) days in advance, and is subject to availability and Administration’s approval. If winner is unable to fulfill the prize during the time period, winner forfeits the prize in its entirety and an alternate winner may be selected, in Administration’s sole and absolute discretion. All travel dates will be determined by Administration, and once made may not be altered except by sponsor, in its sole discretion. Meals, taxis, incidentals, tips, telephone calls, or any other personal expenses incurred during the trip are the responsibility of the winner. Winning Team is responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their option and hereby acknowledge that Administration has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. Winning Team is solely responsible for obtaining any identification documents necessary for domestic travel or appropriate documents for international travel, if applicable. All costs, taxes, fees and expenses associated with any element of the prize not specifically addressed above are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Winner will be issues a 1099 tax form for the actual value of the prize.
Winning Team may not substitute, assign or transfer prize, or redeem prize for cash, but Administration reserves the right, in its sole discretion to substitute prize (or a portion thereof) with another prize of comparable or greater value. All prize details are at Administration’s sole discretion. If the actual value of the prize is less than the stated ATV in these Official Rules, the difference will not be awarded in cash.
6. CWL Pro Points. CWL Pro Points for the Circuit will be distributed to each Player on a placing Team as follows:
1st – 3,000
2nd – 1,800
3/4th – 1,200
5th – 1,000
6th – 900
7th – 800
8th – 700
In the event a player equips a Restricted Item(s) (as listed in Section [#] if these Official Rules), they will only forfeit the Game in question if they actively used it in the Game. The burden of proof is on the opposing team to prove the Restricted Item was used. Leaving a match due to the opposing Team equipping a Restricted Item but not using the Restricted Item in the Game will result in a forfeit for the Team that leaves the match unless they are able to prove that the Restricted Item was actually used in the Game.
10. No Shows: